We are grateful for Earl Erickson, Arthur and Zach for fun company, fresh cold water and lighter bikes from Clark Fork to Whitefish!

August 10 – Libby to Rexford

We’re zigzagging our way into the Rockies.  We rode north yesterday afternoon, south yesterday evening, and now we’re riding north again along the Koocanousa Reservoir.  I’ve seen this territory from an airplane, wondering what it’s like to travel through by land.  The spaces are big and rolling.  At this time of year, it’s hot and the air is dry.  I keep reminding myself to breath with my mouth closed so my mouth doesn’t dry out so fast. 

I’m in awe of the road builders who blasted away hillsides to make a more level roadbed.  I’ve seen vertical bore hole lines in the road cuts before but it looks more dramatic here, v through 150-foot cliffs of red-brown layered rock.  I’m grateful for the level road grade! 

There are more osprey nesting here, in natural tree top nests.  Just wide shoulders and trees almost all day.

August 11 – through Eureka to Whitefish

My wake-up call this morning was a chipmunk trying to run over my back, but it recoiled when I flinched so it felt like a chipmunk bouncing off my back.  Loons were calling on Lake Koocanousa.  I got up early to ride into Eureka.  I saw another coyote – it streaked across the road in front of an oncoming RV and across my path as I was zooming down a hill.  It timed it’s crossing well – it cut right in front of the RV and me.  It was moving so fast that I didn’t have to break to avoid it.

I love riding early in the day, the crisp coolness of the air, the gentleness of the light, the sun still behind the hills, the fresh potential of the day – sixteen miles from the bridge where we camped to Eureka.  Eureka was pretty quiet, except for Café Jax,  and there’s free wifi outside the library.  A man outside Café Jax asked where we were traveling.  I explained the trip and the situation to him and his five friends and gave him a DVD.  Without really knowing what it was he said thank you and made a cash donation – people all along the way surprise me with spontaneous cash donations.  I appreciate this generous aspect of human nature.

The 50 miles from Eureka to Whitefish was easy as far as grade, but the shoulders were horrible!  New asphalt was laid right to the white line, so in many places the white line was an abrupt lane edge.  Outside the white line was broken pavement pitted with potholes and lose sandy gravel.  I shifted into low gear to rest on the intermittent inclines, and for those awful shoulders I just pounded over them in high gear at 15 mph most of the way – with cars zooming by at 70 mph!  Rough ride.

Along the way I talked with people and left DVD’s for the Chapel of Praise Ministries and the Fortine Community Church.  And I left DVD’s with notes for the Fortine and the Olney Volunteer Fire Districts. 

Finally safe in Whitefish I tried to give a DVD to a man who said that an engineer told him that the temperature of the jet fuel fires was hot enough to melt steel.  He pushed the DVD back at me, but it looked like his wife and daughter were interested in the conversation about the forensic evidence even as he was dismissing it.  I gave a DVD to a woman from Nelson, BC, who was camping at the Whitefish Lake State Park – she believed the official story, but was willing to listen and assured me that she and her husband are open-minded and would watch the DVD and pass it along.

With thanks again to Earl, Arthur and Zach for support and fun company along the road!



Bernie Suarez
08/22/2012 4:06pm

Thank you for what you are doing. Good job of getting the truth out there in this peaceful and elegant manner. You both add a missing component to this 9/11 Truth effort that is direly needed.

Peace and Love!!



Your comment will be posted after it is approved.

Leave a Reply